R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:19 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks for the posts
Adam- Here is a link to the Max amp pack I am using. There are dimensions there. It is quite slim. Even though my electronics are above them they are not that high off the chassis.

Now here is what I think at this point in time. I have tried a sensored and sensorless motor with my Mamba. There is no way for the Mamba to know that one is sensored and one is not. It treats both as sensorless motors. Both motors with the Mamba have the behaviour irregularities that LRP and Novak eliminated by adding sensors. Tekin is working feverishly on these same irregularities. Thus no R1 Pro is available. I suspect that If I put the Mamba motor in my pan car it would still have these irregularities like starting backwards on occasion. Loss of the rotor position with a bump. Irregular starting from slow speed on occasion; This does not happen often for me now, but occasionally. I don't plan to purchase any more sensorless stuff. I have invested in a brand new GTB which should arrive shortly. It should work fine with my 4.5R. I do await any software upgrades for the Mamba and will try them when they are available. In August track temperatures will climb to 140F-150F I may be using the Mamba again then if my GTB thermals with the 4.5. The sphere comp worked fine through all of last August when limited to a 4.5R motor. It only had trouble in the pan car with a 3.5R. Sadly my 3.5R is shelved for lack of suitable hardcoated 12tooth pinions.
John