R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eeyan
No, we're still here... alive and well...

Back to the topic: So, is anybody out there still using the 04R? Mine went from being an 04-Pro, then an 04-Pro w/ Saddle, and recently converted to an 04R. The bloodline on this car, as well as other Tamiya cars, are just amazing... so what's next? 04RS? BTW, I saw Izzy's TRF this past weekend... the parts are gorgeous... just wish I could afford it...
I have one that started as a humble 04-S, but slowly came to something strange with the several options that I've added to it, weight is slightly over 1500grams here's the almost complete list of options (w/some part nos.) that I've added to the car during this almost year and a half that I own this car.

Lightweight carbon tub chasis.
Carbon fiber upper deck.
Carbon damper stay (F/R).
TRF shocks (silver ones with al shock collars).
Adjustable ball connectors (53488).
Reinf. rear gearcase (49203).
Finned motor plate (53437).
Low friction hinge pins (53479).
Rear toe-in uprights.
Lightweight (blue) CVD's.
Hard main shaft (53510) w/ plastic pulleys.
Aluminium spur gear adapter (53452)
Front one-way.
Rear ball diff w/ lightweight outdrives.
Low friction belts (F/R).

Now is slightly over 1500 grams, but I'm pretty satisfied with the car (God, don't let me know how much I spent on those car). Plan to reach 1500 grams via some other hop-ups (aluminium steering posts, titanium turnbuckles and aluminium ball connectors - I don't smack boards ).

I use the car from time to time, last year only did 3 races (TCS and one club race). This year goes by the same path, but sold my Xray and plan to use more usually.

BTW: Since I have the car almost brand new, don't plan to switch to the 414M2 as many friends of mine did, probably will last a pair of years more and then go the stand as many other tamiya cars that used in the past.