R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BANZAI Motors
Thread: BANZAI Motors
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 05:29 PM
skysnake
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Peter, when are you going down for the JBRL? I think Kyle, Ashley, VegasKevin and I will leave EARLY on Saturday and head straight to Pegasus. Last year we went to Revelation and practiced on Saturday on it honestly wasn't worth the aggravation. We got beat around by truggies all day and then got blocked in the parking lot and couldn't leave until 11:30 at night, despite have Dana announce that a white Ford needed to be moved all night long. Revelation has HUGE nitro turnouts, even the Saturday before the JBRL. I would say race at Pegasus on Saturday and then be at Revelation at 06:00 on Sunday morning. That would give you a couple hours to get the layout down before the track closes for racing. The layouts at Revelation are usually not too technical so with your experience you shouldn't have any trouble getting dialed in...your buddy Joe may have a different story though! LOL (just kidding, Joe)

As far as tires, we ran Komodo's or Bow Tie's last year. Bring some Holeshots though in case it packs up. Edges or directionals should work up front for you. The track is HUGE so bring some big old pinion gears...and a fan to bring the Slingshot's down below 150 degrees when you are done running!

If anyone has any hotel recommendations, please let us know. It's a much better neighborhood up near Pegasus so I would rather be up there. Anyone? Thanks in advance!