R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Sorry but your PRS gears won't work on the car. But the RW/Schumacher gear that comes with the car and the optional ones are really nice.

Dark-Sorry, but I don't run any Lipo's so I can't say if either one will fit. But I know the car was designed with those packs in mind so maybe someone was just missing something. Wish I had a better answer for you.

I did get my first track time with the car today. The track we were running on is an outdoor, permanent asphalt track that hasn't been used for 6 years. Today was the first time cars have been on it. So traction was a little weird. It was actually quite a bit higher than I expected. But still a little weird. The track was really small with a VERY tight layout. Everyone was pushing bad. So I wasn't too surprised when the car pushed right off the bat. The best thing about today was that every adjustment I made did exactly what it "should" do. My adjustments were all very predictable and I never came back off the track saying "I didn't like that." The first run, like I said, the car pushed pretty bad, just like every other car out there for the most part. It seemed like it was more from the rear end being too planted. I made an adjustment each run and got the car considerably faster by the end of the day. I took out a little rear toe (I love being able to make this adjustment and in less than a minute. ) changed the upper shock locations, but the biggest change I made that gave a ton more steering, was lowering the front diff. What a change that made for the super tight track. I'm pretty sure we're going back to the same track again next weekend for some more track time.
How did you setup differ by the end from the 'kit' setup?

Was that starting with Chris Ashtons asphalt test or the build in the manual?
Provided rain keeps away mine will be used in anger for the first time tomorrow, local kids keep chucking dirt etc onto our track so dust and switching under/oversteer is a problem.

Thanks
Skiddins