R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 07:39 AM
RussB
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I got a bit of a tweak in the car tonight. It normally runs VERY even from side to side, but I struggled with it this evening. Aside from the normal stuff (rebuild shocks, make sure chassis is flat, re-seat topdeck) is there anything else I should check, or any particular trick to straightening the car out? It seems like every car has an order in which to do things, or tweak tricks that aren't always apparent.

It was mentioned to me that making the shocks a little longer overall will allow for more suspension travel, and should let me run my foams down to the rim once again. I'll look into that when rebuilding the shocks in hopes of getting the tweak out. I was having trouble getting enough uptravel once the tires got around 54mm.

Also, for the second time, I had a front shock retainer pop off during a minor impact. I still can't figure out what's causing them to launch like that, but I've heard at least one other person mention the same thing. They seem to be snug on the shocks, so maybe there's something else I should be looking for.
try using very large finishing washers and slightly longer screws on the 4 countersunk screws in the top deck. the ones that screw into side posts. i could not get my car to flatten out with the countersunk screws, but once i took them out of the equation, everything was fine.