R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Assembly Tips, Factory Team Kit
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 06:22 AM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Yokomo One-way

Yes its the Yokomo One-way. The part number I received is SP-3938-6. The part number I ordered was the newer part, I believe, 3638-6. Both are Heavy duty 6 mm one-way's specifically for the TC3. Here is my description.

The outdrive shafts are 6-mm instead of the Associated one-ways 4 mm. This does two things. A larger more durable oneway bearing can be used instead of the double small 4-mm oneway bearings on the Associated part. Fracturing of the steel oudrive should be reduced due to the larger shaft size helping to support the drive cups better. The 6 mm shaft is hollow to reduce weight. The large oudrive bearings are a special larger inner size and actually seat on the outer race of the one-way bearing. The oneway comes with these special bearings. We ran open mod last night and I had no trouble with the one-way. Gear mesh was pefect with no shims on the one-way. Good thing as the Tc3 shims would not fit anyway.

Now to get part numbers for replacement outdrives. The inserted parts diagram was in Japanese.

Personally, I had no trouble with the Associated one-way. Only broke one outdrive since this thread was started a long time ago. The associated one-way was discontinued along with the replacement oudrives. What a crime.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 04-05-2003 at 06:16 AM.