R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:32 AM
JuhoL
Tech Apprentice

Hey all,

All I can say is I love my new ride

Here's a couple af answers to your questions:

The weight distribution with 5 cells is pretty good. With the reciever on the battery side its still a bit off but not enough to effect the handling. My car weighs 1400g with the brushless stuff, big servo and a lightweight body. I'm still using steel screws and the prototype oneway is pretty heavy too so you can get the car very light if you want.

As posted the car will come setup for foam. We all ran the ITF chassis and I would recommend it for asphalt too. I dont know if there will be an asphalt spec car later.

It will come with two diffs so you can get a oneway or a spool in case you need it. People are going to wear the diff out at some point anyway so you'll have a spare one and you dont have to pay extra for a spool or a oneway you might not need.

MR JOLLY: sanding the diffplates is not needed but I sometimes do it if I want to run the diff extra free. Sanding the plates allows the balls to grip the plate a bit better so it wont slide as easily.

I think you will be impressed with the build and quality. I know I was

About the preorders: With quick googling atleast Towerhobbies seems to take preorders for 350$.