R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Murnan Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
JetMD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Uriah. I have one of your Ninja .12's with the skyline pipe. I broke it in on a bench per Swauger's method. I raced it for the first time this weekend. I was trying to keep it around 270 and when I kept it in that range, it ran great and got good mileage. I decided to experiment a little and leaned it a little more (like 1 clock position) and the motor went ballistic! The power was definitely on another level and I was thinking, man this motor is sick! Then, I pulled into the pits and the temp was reading 300. I felt that was too hot so I took it a little richer and that magic power I felt was gone. I take my temp readings with a typical temp gun pointing down on the top of the head at the glow plug. I was running a #5 plug at the time.

I'm wondering if i'll be able to get that power out of it again when it is broken in a little more? Or was that just a little too lean. Do you think it was okay and that the temp reading I was getting was just higher than actual? Any help would be great. Thanks.

(I was running Mugen 30% and I did put another .10mm shim on the head)