R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 2.4GHz
Thread: Futaba 2.4GHz
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 01:01 AM
NWMan
Tech Rookie

Default Spektrum Pro DSM vs. Futaba FASST

I’m planning on picking up the Futaba 3pk with either the Spektrum Pro DSM or the Futaba FASST system. I understand that the Spektrum stays on a single available channel whereas the FASST hops through all channels every 2 milliseconds. Conceptually, the single channel approach seems better but practically, I doubt it will make any difference. However, the FASST system (according to Futaba’s website) handles PPM, FM, and HRS modulation. Spektrum has a completely different module and receiver that it sells for HRS modulation only. So it seems Futaba is one up on Spektrum in this regard. Most places seem to sell the Spektrum Pro DSM module and receiver for about $10-20 more than the FASST, which is negligible. What are your experiences with these systems? Any other differences that are worth considering? Anyone have problems with either of them?

One last thing – the Futaba 3pk with Spektrum Pro DSM is readily available and in-stock with many online vendors. Almost nobody has the 3pk with FASST – I only found one vendor on Ebay (for $460!). This means I have to buy the 3pk w/no module (not in-stock anywhere that I’ve seen!) and then the FASST module/receiver combo (available). So do you know any online vendors that have the 3pk w/no module in stock?