View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 06:32 PM
chippy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pull Start

It states at the top of the page

Rules:
Engine must be started by pull start ie: no rotor start or starter box can be used.
The car used must be an R.T.R car not an open nitro kit.
Any commercial pullstart engine may be used.

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Deano1234
I like the rules being simple - no problems with free choice of bodies and tyres.

Having a 23turn stock class is a little bit different though I usually race stock but I think I will go down to 540 for MECA because I don't know how my 27 turn stock motor would fair in the 23 turn class.

The rules for the Lipos are pretty vague - 3 cell lipos appear to have not been outlawed...11v

The nitro rules seem a bit restrictive - it has to be both an RTR and a pullstart? I don't know if I will qualify for the pullstart class (and I am not competitive in the open class) - I do have a pullstart, and my car was a RTR TC3 - but I have replaced the stock engine (with another pullstart) and I have replaced the cheapo electronics with spectrum radio gear and replaced the body with a custom painted body - does this mean it is no longer an RTR? How many mods can you make before it ceases to be an RTR? (in my opinion it would have been better simply to make the pullstart the defining character of the class).