R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How many people watch your races?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
MrBlack
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TimPotter
That sounds easy enough to do, but trust me it is not. You have to be persistant and professional in your approach. --- it can be accomplished, but it not as easy as you make it out to be.
With the will to give up so easily nothing is ever accomplished. You have to want it and be willing to work at it. I campianed for many years to get a skatepark in my city and it finally has one and when I started skateboarding was actually illegal on city property. P.S. I live in an area that is listed in the top 100 every year for land value (usually near the top)

Did it it happen right away no (infact by the time it happened I had moved on to R/C) but I am very glad I did it. It tought me as lot about politics and how an organized few can still make a difference. I went to meetings, I wrote up proposals, I even ended in the local newspaper as well as the LA Times in feature articles.

I never said it would be over night nore easy but 3 years ago when many of the people on here began complaining they could have got the ball rolling and by now major progress would have been made. Not every city is the same, some may never have a facility in a million years but some may just be waiting for the right person to ask.

Many of the older guys lack time and energy but their a lot of younger guys out there with a lot of both and this is their chance to make a difference. If they head the call. If not it is nobody's loss but those who choose not to try.

The old saying applies you never know until you try.