R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
havy
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
As dumb as this sounds, I stripped 3 2nd gear spurs in just a few laps. The reason(s) were as follows.. Mostly because I am a bonehead. This happened after I rebuilt the car for the main event this past weekend. The first one went because I didn't tighten down the screws that hold the engine to the engine mount. I checked to see if the mount was tight to the chassis and it was, so I put another gear on. That one stripped almost immediately. I then found the loose engine and tightened the screws. I took off that dead gear and removed the bearings and put them into another spur. At that point I decided I wanted to try a different ratio so I grabbed a different 2nd gear and put it on the car without the two bearings. Believe it or not it lasted an entire tank, but I noticed it was pretty well chewed up when I brought it back to the pits. I figured out what I did that time and put a third spur gear on with the bearings and all was back to how it was supposed to be. I have had no mystery gear stripping with this car. This car is good.
Yeah, I'm not perfect either, I just didn't get a chance to test further. I'm going to recheck everything and test sometime this nextt weekend.

havy