R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sike
hey guys... I see those vented brake disk. Are they thinner than stock? I think I saw it on justrc.com for around $4 a piece.

Also, a few pages back, I saw somebody with a brake disk with holes just about in every place where you can still drill it. Any info on that?

I took the car apart again coz the brake still drag a bit. I sanded the ninja star and brake disk and there's this tiny resistance. While I was at it, I took the rear diff apart coz it seems that there's no fliud, I was right... so I put some fliud and put silicon in between the housing... let it dry for 5 min and close it... when I have the car back together, I saw that thing leaking. Mannn I know I tighten everything up. So I just put silicon on the little... Well picture attached.

Btw, I am using the air filter that came with the car and it fits the .12 sirio perfectly, I am looking for a motor saver for it though but what size is this?
Is the disk you're talking about the ones that appear on this photo? If it's the case is real finely crafted and effective.

Regarding the small drag you're noticing I finished it installing the teflon brake pads and now I have a better braking and more progressive.

Get a new paper seal and apply to both sides a light coat of shoegoo or clear silicone, let dry completely and install, much probably your leaking problems are gone. BTW: Check for any present burr on the faces of the diff that prevents a good seal, mine took a good sweat making it leak-proof.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	disksideview.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	11037