R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 AM
tallyrc
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

well unfortunately my father had little opinion of which bearing to recomend between the given choices (ceramic/stainless) as he built bearings before ceramics existed (think just post WWII).. his one nugget that i did find interesting was that he said far and away the number one cause of failure was poor instalation.. even slightly off axis and the wear rate will be horrific.. maybe reseating even the factory bearings could be bennificial.. when i told him the RPM range were were dealing with he said "how long you expect them to last at those speeds"? i laughed.. his opinion was that a higher rated bearing with the best seal possible might be the way to go, keeping it clean is key..

is your first option listed there supposed to be yZZ? the shielded equivelant of the other? also when you calclulate your rpm load is that under load or free based on volts/rpm? never mind i just did the math and using a 2.2in tire thats about 82% efficiency under load.. impressive..

Last edited by tallyrc; 04-22-2007 at 12:39 PM.