R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Werks vs Tornado
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 12:50 AM
British Menace
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny9s
Werks Race Blend or Tornado Fuel.

I can get either of these 2 fuel brands from my LHS. Does anyone have any experience with these fuels? I will be using it only for racing in my G4S with IDM Evo 3 engine.

Thanks for your help.

John
Hi John,
Great to see your part of the G4s family and getting one of the new EVO 3 IDM motors!
I can't wait myself !!
Anyway....back to your question.
I have tried both and they are both good fuels! Like you I 'HAD' the choice to run with either, and also a couple of others, and I chose WERKS. Now you could say I am biased, and, 'what answer would you expect from me being sponsored by WERKS'. But I had the choice! So if I had of thought Tornado was better for what I wanted, I would have gone in that direction.

I chose WERKS because-:
It gives good power with nice low temperatures.
It's consistant in it's power and tune of the motor.
It also seams to be nice and consistant from one bottle to the next which is good!!
It comes well packaged, (ie: The bottles are not transparent)
And the fuel is getting results at the very highest level of racing!

I don't get any "gunk" in my engines after I have been running the motor for a while either.
Ron and Eric at WERKS are primarily involved in motor development and manufacture. They want their motors to do well, so they reserched and formulated their own fuel to their specifications.
That was good enough for me!!

I hope you are able to also listen to a driver who uses or is sponsored by Tornado so as your not just influenced by my biased( ) views but as I have said. It was my choice to make

I hope this helps

Menace