R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 11:14 PM
Number 11
Tech Master

Originally posted by AE Racer
I wouldnt go rtr not only because I hate the whole rtr thing but because the rtr ntc3 has lower quality parts, and virtually every part so to change it to team specs youd have to change virtually every part on the car, from what Ive heard the rtr chassi which is made by TT is flexy and the plastics are flexier and lower quality than the associated made parts of the team kit. Ive also never and I mean NEVER seen anyone get off to a better start because they got a rtr, all the people Ive seen who've got rtrs dont fix anything themselves and know absolutly nothing about their cars, not even the basics like what an a-arm is, and none of them really put in the time to learn how to fix it and such even though they think they will. IMO people who start with kits know what theyre doing from the start and never buy a rtr if they can avoid it, and seem to just have more rc knowledge in general.
JMO
AE doesn't make different parts for the RTR compared to the team kit. You don't have to change every part to make it a team kit, come on man get your facts straight don't just say something because you heard it from some where. Do some research the rtr part numbers are the same as the kit.

What is the deal with people being so upset about buying a rtr? What difference does it make? Last April I bought my first car it was a rtr Duratrax Street Force I knew absolutely nothing about the hobby. The person at my LHS saw a sucker and sold me a rtr and said it was the best car out there. About a month later I found out I was hood winked. Needless to say that hobby store is out of business. I sold it and bought a HPI RS4 3 SS my first kit. In the last year I own a NTC3, TC3, RC10T3, Losi XXX-NT and a HPI Super Nitro all kits.

My point is people have to start somewhere and if it is a rtr so be it. Hell I didn't know people raced these things until after I bought the rtr.

Last edited by Number 11; 04-01-2003 at 12:40 AM.