R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobao Hyper .12
Thread: Hobao Hyper .12
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
vc05hdt
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 40%
16% nitro? I had a a few hours of a good run with a cold plug and 20% nitro. The cold plug is to keep the temps down.

Not sure what is best for 16% yet as i have not experimented with it.what plug did u use for your 16%.

i swear by O'Donnell fuel if u can get your hands on it. just last week some dude came to my track with a ten year old fresh 25% bottle and we tried it on the hyper engine and a rb matrix . it still is fresh ... well maybe the nitro content has lowered but the lubricant is still working wonders lol.
In our "Pullstart" class, we go by max 16% Nitro; I think to be consistant with Aussie rules. I don't know if I can get O'Donnell here in Australia but using a local brand 'Hot Stuff' and their recently changed formula. Its working well and has about 12% lube. The plug I used for combo was OS #8 @ 16% and running perfect. As long as the fuel comes in a plastic bottle with good seal you are o.k.. Engine temp??? as tuned for performance and ensured that body opening max size to our regs; front 50% window opening. Who knows possibly 240 degrees F on 22 degree celcius day.

Anyone else with engine advice? Has anyone grooved head button, that sort of thing? Chasing mods for more bottom end punch.