R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 960....
Thread: Serpent 960....
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 AM
new3
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi,

Iam wondering if you guys have off power steering problem with 960. Today I did some test on the track. Saw , that other 1/8 brands exspecially mrx 4 cars can better turn in "U" turns. They have more steering at corner entry. I did some different setups but didnt work. Here is my last setup but has not enough steering!

Front
Sway Bar: none
Hanger : Alu hanger inner hole.
Shock position: upper
Shock oil: 40WT
Shock piston: 3 Holes
Shock spring; red
Caster: stock
Wheel base: Long
Downstops: +1
Steering block: Std
Ackerman: long-wide
Camber: -1.5 / -1.0
Toe: L/R -1 deg
Width: 252

Rear
Sway Bar: none
Roll Center: low arm in the bottom , upper arm inner pos.
Shock position: in the Bulkhead
Shock oil: 40WT
Shock piston: 3 Holes
Shock spring; red
Downstops: +9
Width: 262
Camber: -3.0 / -2.5
Toe: +2.5 deg
Body mount: Second hole from the outside

Can some one give me any idea? Is the setup which I did tottaly wrong for more steering . Today I ordered the new wos steering blocks hope that will work.
if you want more steering just shorten your car by 2 mm it still will have the stablity but it will be more aggressive. itf you want more narrow your car to 250 front and 260 rear . and yes 45 degress on rear sway bar. also 45 wt shock oil front and rear.reduce rear toe in to 2 deg and raise your rear roll center to the middle. these thing in combination will add a lot of steering to your car but control able. start here i do have more thing you can do butthis will help alot. oh yeh i dont know what tiresyou run i dont run anything softer than 38"s but i have run 40's on a low bit with very good results witha 6.5 split with 68 mm front and 74.5 rear .5 rack angle. ride height 7 front 7.5 rear the most important thing was the central lola it is the best body by far that is available . and there isn't a close second. i saw a new body that will be out in a month or two that looks close but the central is the one. it makes life simple irun my rear shocks on he bottom holes on the shock tower that also frees up the car

Last edited by new3; 04-18-2007 at 10:01 AM.