R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:09 AM
gtsum
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by A_Stratus
I just purchased an 8ight and it should be in next week sometime I am guessing...I just have a couple questions.

1) I have the ofna chrome top starter box and I was wondering if you can use it with this buggy? I know when it first came out there were some problems but is there a mod or a fix to it?

2) This question is about the King Headz clutch shoes...what is the difference of them over the std Losi ones? Just the grade of aluminum used? Can I just swap different shoes out or do I need a different fly wheel for king headz ones over stock losi ones?

Thanks,
Aaron
I use the same starter box and it works fine, but I did have to dremel the chassis to get it to work. The KH 7075 shoes work great!! They are supposed to be made out of the same material as the new Losi blue 7075 shoes, but they seem to last a LOT longer. I have almost 2 gallons on mine now and I should get another gallon out of them...my stock losi shoes were toasted in a gallon (the composite ones and the blue aluminum ones). I did deburr the KH shoes about 1/2 gallon ago..