R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:14 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Smelling the motor is the first clue. You can't really see the damage from overheating. Eventually it causes the wires in the coils to short together in unseen parts of the motor. I do have a setup for that car for asphalt it is back in the thread. Search for setup. I'll see if I can put up a link. The Novak motors used to have an epoxy based rotor. It would loose its grip on the magnetic particles and they would do a slow flow and loose magnetism at 180F which is probably the reason they chose that thermal cutoff setting. The rotor is sintered now but the wires are still epoxy coated.

Wide Pantoura (Powell chassis) Setup (with front shocks on associated suspension)
The setup that car came with was my setup for asphalt. I did not find the post. Here is what I remember. 4 degree caster, 0 toe, 2 degree negative camber, 5 degree reactive caster suspension mount. White Murdoch RC springs on front. Purple fronts pink rears. 30 weight oil front and rear. Corally Jack the Gripper TC2 traction compound is a must have. Stormer stocks it as well as Corally USA. If it has too much turn in the go with 35 weight in the front. Aproximately a .043 inch wire size Losi JRXS center spring.

By the way those nerf wings are no good. Boomer will attest.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Powell Chassis Top View Complete 003 Resized.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	223206  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 04-17-2007 at 03:34 PM.