R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Violence at the track. What consequences?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 AM
A. Rhodes
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Violence at the track should not be permitted, either verbal assault or physical battery. This is a family oriented sport, and this type of behavior only helps potential racers find another hobby.

I can remember a few years ago at a local track where there was a physical altercation over a broken car. The assailant was upset a newbie had broken his car in qualifying, so he walked up behind that person and sucker punched them in the back of the head. Seriously, if you have the balls to fight, at least let the person see it coming so he can have a chance to defend himself. The worst part that came from this is the assailant was not banned from the track and was back racing the following week, but was warned by the police to watch his act, or next time things would be very different.

Many people tend to forget that in the US, assault is only verbal, and a person can be criminally charged for such actions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault

I know that for the track that I am running this summer, we will have a ZERO tolerance policy for any violent acts, either verbal or physical. Anyone verbally assaulting another racer will be given one warning, and if they continue, will be asked to leave, and suspended from the track the following week. If their behavior continues when they return, they will be banned for the rest of the season.

As far as physical battery at our track, you will not get a second chance. You will be immediately asked to leave, banned for life, the police will be contacted, and charges will be pressed.

We all get our feathers ruffled at the track from time to time, even me. But it takes the bigger man to suck it up, walk away, and think before they act.