R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racing Theory
Thread: Racing Theory
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 03:58 PM
King-G
Tech Fanatic

Impact I totally agree with your view...

I have noticed this same occurance...some guys spend tons on racing, but cant really afford to do so, they are unhappy in work etc, from job to job..and they are looking for happiness from winning R.C...it dont work like that..

Mental state has a huge bearing on your on track ability...if you are confident and genuinely happy in life, its far more likely you will perform your best...Whenever I am in a negative frame of mind, or something is bumming me, (work, social or home issues, this always reflects in my results...

Not many people are aware of how frame of mind can really affect your performance. I have discussed this with a few Top level drivers, and they all seem to agree.

Of course you already have to be at the top of the game....Im saying amongst regular top 10 racers....the ones with the positive mindset, and confidence / happiness will have a better chance of on track success all things being equal.

and on that note...money doesnt buy success...Some people spend a ton...and still dead suck. This is one thing I like about teh hobby, determination and practice can to an extent offset the lack of equipment ....but new tires / battery and motor always help you go closer to your max potential