R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
YYhayyim-nice report. I ordered one of those Trinity motors. I will have to wait for the Tekin R1Pro to test it. I should have new batts by then as well.
John
No pblm John; I hope this helps us keep an edge in the power/weight ratio of the best techlonogy in the market today. For pan cars, I think the TN60 motor is the ticket, due to its lower weight and cooler running temps. Its rugged, well made and just out performs. The R1 PRO ESC should be an awesome match for the N60. The pblm is that there is no word yet on when the R1 is going to be released. In the mean time I run the N60 with the Mamba Max ESC, which weighs in at 70g with wires. The Novak weighs in at 68g wired, but has the pblm of the pesky power cap...and has a higher profile with the fan. The Mamba Max offers more options and profiles, and gives me control of all options to program and manipulate settings as I wish to get exactly what I need, where as the Novak/LRP forces one to stick to their program and profiles. Plus the Mamba Max handles much more power and outputs more as well, plus is Lipo friendly. Its also much cheaper: the Mamba Max ESC is $130, while the NOvak/LRPs are about $170-180.

On my pan cars, that's the ticket for me now after testing. The Mamba and the N60 is just the best combo so far, and gives me a weight reduction of almost 35g over the Novak and LRP system, which for pan cars is very significant, especially in the noticable punch and quicker launch of the line and accelaration, as well as top speed and corner speed...I cant wait to test the R1 PRO and the Trinity N60! That combo should offer about 60-65g in weight reduction over the Novak/LRP combos...WOW!!