R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ashphalt track design's
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
i.a.s
Tech Adept

@ steggers

HI I helped plan and build the track you will need a bloody good digger driver we had one and it saved so much time. Have you looked at the pics on our web site this will give you a big insight to how and what you need to construct the track planning it through before you start will save so much time and money, If you need any help or have any Questions please feel free to pm me I will do my best to help you out. It also helped that being a construction manager for a large building company helps. (www.eecc.co.uk)

@ janisk

HI the tarmac that we laid was as follows first we had 45mm base coat which was 10mm stone and for the top coat we used 6mm SMA (stone mastic asphalt) hope that helps please feel free to pm me if you need any advice.

Glen.

By the way we had our first practice meeting today and 85 drivers turned up cant be bad looking farward to a god year for the club I didnt race but seeing all the people enjoying a track that I helped to build was worth every weekend that was spent push concrete around in wheel barrows.