R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR
Thread: ROAR
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
They havent race oval in a while and when they do I always come out to watch..The speed is down a little for sure but your right technology has made up for it..

Oval cars are right up there with TC prices and going to four cell didnt help sales ..IMHO..
I partially agree - 4 cell HELPED a lot of the guys who were already here - but did NOTHING to bring us NEWBIES. BUT for the most part - I don't blame that on 4 cell as much as I blame "US" racers for not recruiting enough.

The other thing, I will give you -

ONE STOP and SoCAL have/had such AWESOME traction compared to other tracks...they were some of the very FEW tracks where you could lay down 100% on the track in ANY class - IF YOU COULD HOLD ON TO IT.

So that also makes it harder to beat those old times. 4cell can drive a LOT DEEPER and while TOP SPEED is slower - it's all about LAP TIMES and TOTAL number of laps. (Also, since we run 5 minute vs. the old 4 minute...you have to be a little more conservative)

as for SOCAL - I proposed to put the EVENTS on MYSELF like I do ALL of our SWTour events...all I asked for is the track to be open by 7 a.m. and the track CLEAN. Both Jim and Lana said "NO"