R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Amp Draw
Thread: Amp Draw
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
rcnewb2004
Tech Master

Mr Jolly,

You have a very good point that I should not be comparing results from two different machines from two different motors.

But my numbers seem to have a notable difference with everything I have seen here. I realize the comparison between numbers are meaningless if the process used to attain these numbers is invalid. But I am wondering why are my numbers so different...

I have never had a chance to borrow a pro's motor and run it on my icc to see what kind of numbers "a good" motor is suppose to output on my charger.

I am a poor parking lot runner. I have no track. Cannot afford the time (3 hrs commute there and back by bus (i have no car)) to run on a track...

What do you mean by "homework"? I do not have a track that I can learn at, and there are two hobby shops in my area. One which is almost never open, and another reply questions directly proportional to the amount of money you spend at the store.

I feel unvalued and cheap in my LHS. When I enter the shop, I get a "u again?" look, and the owner goes back to tuning his own cars or watching TV. I have to grab a product, bring it to the counter and ask politely "may I buy this?" (Notice that I am asking for permission.) The store owner/staff does not even bother asking me "what do you want?" or "may I help you?".

I am sick of asking for permission to spend money, or get receive zero attention because I don't spend enough there. Anyways, I would rather never be in a real race in my area than to hang out anymore at my LLHS (the first L stands for Loser).

My places of learning are very limited to this forum. I love RC. That's why I am here, with my tons of questions, because I am "alone" in my area. There is no room for a poor newb racer like me.