R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mid Budget Racer .12 (what to buy?) os or nova
Old 04-15-2007, 06:14 AM
GHETTOTEACHER
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
I hate to break the news to everyone, but Novarossi is MORE then a name! You get endless performance, life span and most of all reliability. If the performance is the same accross the board as the cheaper motors, why do some of you own them that are saying this? I agree that the 12-3 is not for a beginner, it's tune is much too delicate. You NEED excperience to tune these engines Great. Not just good...but great. Most racers can tune an engine good, but that number drops quit a bit when you talk about tuning a Nova GREAT. I'm not knocking an inexpensive motor by any means. Especially the OS TZ. Great motor. Sounds as though the JBL Red Dot is also. Not all motors are designed for all tracks either. Small to medium tracks wouldn't need a JP modified for example. But get on a larger track and watch them walk away form the cheaper motors. If your TZ is keeping up with good Nova, then the person driving the Nova needs to work on either his tuning or his driving skill, not his power issues. In fact, lots of racers would actually be faster with a milder engine. Sorry to go off everyone. I'm not trying to upset anyone or point my fingers at anyone at all, here or anywhere for that matter. Not ALWAYS, but usually you get what you pay for. Some engines are more expensive for a reason. Name plays a small part, but those names have also created a reputation and reliability factor and are worth the extra $$. Nova, RB are not more money just because of the name.
You said what most of us were thinking anyway!

Besides, take a look at what most of our signatures say we run..!