R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Droop setup
Thread: Droop setup
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
CAlbrecht
Suspended

[QUOTE=Frederic Lagueu]Hi,

Lately I've been having trouble setting the up travel on my car (Corally RDX).

I start by setting the ride height (5mm) then I adjust the up travel to 2mm front and 3mm rear. When it's done, the ride height of the car is now 4mm or so at the front. Looks like there is some sort of flex in the arm or the part of the chassis where the droop screws sit.

I measure the ride height and the up travel with a AE ride height gauge. For the up travel, I place the chassis on the desired height (7mm at the front; 5mm + 2mm) and adjust the screw until the tires leave the ground.

Is this normal ? How can I manage to avoid this ? Should I use a different method to measure the up travel ?

Just lose the up-travel part and measure the droop with a AE or HPI droop gauge and be done with it..

The up-travel thing was mad up my madd carpet racers that were stuck in a hobby shop during a snow storm with snow drifts as high as the Empire state building..

Take your shocks off your car and measure your droop from the bottom of the arm..5mm in front 4mm in back..

Put your shocks back on and make sure the droop screws are hitting the chassis when the car is off the ground..

Try that and get back to me..

Laters,

Bitter