R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
squarehead
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I've personally been waiting for this car since it was first photographed and show on the web. I still have my front motor JRXS (now converted to oval), and have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new car specifically for the fittment of LiPo packs like the Orion Platinum. I don't have a car yet (though one was purchased 2 weeks ago—long story), but I'm growing increasingly worried to read the mass of problems everyone is having with arms breaking like breadsticks.

I had many issues with my last touring car—Corally RDX—that forced me to sell the car and walk away from a frustratingly large investment of time and money, and an overwhelmingly disappointing stint with a car that couldn't finish a heat race without breaking. With that car, all I heard was, "don't hit anything". Insulting, at best. It's even been mentioned a few times in this thread by a few people, too.

99% of the population doesn't need a hyper-stiff suspension structure to be fast, and NONE of us want cars that are prone to DNFs.

I'm actually kind of glad that the car I bought on the forums was "stolen" before it ever reached the Post Office. I just may wait this one out and see what happens with the current Losi cars already out in circulation. I figured that this car, above all others, would be ready to go, right out of the box.

I know that I am not someone who should buy a car that has breakage issues. I'm not necessarily hard on cars, but sometimes the apexes of corners tend to look further away than they really are.

I guess I need to be more patient now...