R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 AM
G4S'er
Tech Adept

Hello guys,

I have read many of the listings above and have been emailed also in request of some answers to the questions. So if I can try to shed a bit of light on some of these areas let me try.

Let's start out with Team Magic and Team Magic brands themselves. Team Magic is a very strong and resourceful company. Yes still young in a market where others were at the very start of the onroad car hobby. Though young, as with any good company, it is the people around you that can make you and carry you to the top quickly. Also with any young company, there are mistakes made along the way. These mistakes are also made by experience companies as well so they are excusable as long as they learn from them. Team Magic listens to the racers, if any of you have ever written to them you know. They will make changes if the idea improves the performance of their car. Team Magic is basically a two car company right now. The G4S being the throughbred of the stable and an off road buggy getting it tweaks done now and just wait and see what will come from this buggy! So Team Magic's growth in cars is slow by some standards, but very stable and very solid. I can tell you now that the projects they have underway, when the timing is right for the introductions, Team Magic will be one of the Top companies in the United States as well as Europe. Unlike some companies, Team Magic knows a lot now, and is learning (absorbing the knowledge ) more about US market faster than some of the old stand bys. Products in the future will show this to be true!

Now with the above stated about the company, quickly I will state there is probably not a better after market product manufacturer in quality, looks, and with performance than K Factory products. I don't know about you guys, but I hate to even take a new item that I want badly in my car now.... out of that great looking package. This company is amazing and my hat is off to all their R & D, and packaging team!

Now the real subject above is sponsorship of the G4S. We have done great in Europe with the G4S, but that doesn't translate to sales and growth of the car here in the States very rapidly. This is a true area that Team Magic needs to address. I have said this many times and I will repeat it here also, the concept which started many years ago, long before most of you on this thread were born yet, that kills me.. but another time for that!! lol, the concept of he who wins on Sunday sells on Monday. Although that was/is for the auto industry, it still touches home here. If a new hobbyist is interested in a car kit and ask a buddy, the buddy will will say, well I like mine but xyz won last week at the nationals, might check that car out also!

There are many good drivers out there. But the true top guys that can bring the car to a National title are few in numbers. I have always said this about our G4S and Mike Swauger. He could take the G4S 45 minutes before the worlds, do his adjustments, and he will either win or be in the top 5 with it! Yes the G4S is good. But Mikey is beyond us mortals! I use to watch Mikey race up in Northern California when he was a kid the same height as I am. Now he is over 6' and I am the same height... ok another story for later...

Two points about the above staement. Yes Mikey is beyond us mortals, but the G4S is truly that good and getting better everyday. Getting better because racers like yourself come up with performance enhancing ideas and Team Magic listens. But back to the point, yes we do need the top drivers. However they do cost money, and the cost is just not for one race, but an added salary to a company's payroll. Then how many top drivers do you add, how many others do you give support. That cost money also. Another fact here, the on road market is not as big as the off road market. The off road market is 4 times larger? Ask Dana at Revelation track in California. Better for him to throw dirt on the pavement - financially. Not because he loves Off Road more than on road, but dollars talking.

We need to support all the tracks, permanent or mobile throughout the US if we wish to keep this our hobby growing and have companies like Team Magic sponsor high cost drivers and support others. Organizations like RC Pro that Raceday Hobbies became a class sponsor ( Pro Sedan Class is now Raceday Hobbies Pro Sedan Class) are working hard to give present and new racers a chance to have a program to participate in. GO TO THEIR RACES GUYS ALL OVER THE US! Show other potential hobbyist what a great hobby you are a part. Everything is cyclical. The on road will come back. But we could make it happen faster if we don't get lazy and take for granted the tracks and the people out there working to give us a place to race.

Back to Team Magic. I can tell you this much. The G4S will have in the near future a top name driver that can bring this car to the podium in National races. This will happen not tomorrow but very soon. In addition, Raceday Hobbies is interested in giving support to B main and A main regional type racers from all areas of the United States as well. Even if these drivers are driving another car but would be interested in driving the G4S have them contact Raceday at [email protected]. We know we have a podium car in the G4S and we will get it there. However the racers here on this thread are the ones Team Magic is interested in keeping happy. So continue with the ideas and keep this thread the best on RC Tech!

Sam