R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 AM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ok,i need to be carefull with what i say here because it always seems to backfire on me. i also have seen alot of broken gen x front ends.not to say they suck,i just think a few things were overlooked.1,there may be too much glass fill in the plastic making them slightly brittle,2,from the sounds of it,by the way people are fixing the breakage problem,the whole for the 8-32 screw is too small and maybe should be a slight bit bigger.to be honest,we shouldnt be impact testing them but that is a part of racing. i saw that it was mentioned about adjusting the slop out of the lower ball,that does not fix the problem that the AE arm had.the AE arm had verticle play that using a pinch screw does not fix.it just binds if you try to adjust it out.the clearance is closed in the wrong direction.whatever the case,the front end does seem to work for some guys.i would have liked to see it done differently but its not my product so it wasnt made to please me.for the most part i see exactly what they were trying to do and why,i just would have went at it a little different.there are things i do like about it so please,dont take it as i think it sucks.the whole pivot ball dislike that i have is for any car.if nitro cars could get away without pivot ball suspension i would like the cars more.i just never liked that setup and never will. i will assure you this,i am helping in a new 1/12th project right now with another company that will raise the bar in 1/12th.keep your eyes open.