R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 PM
duckman996
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I have no idea if they were built to "advice" on these boards--I WILL assume they were built to the "advice" CRC published in the instructions. The only "broken" cars I marshalled were Gen-X's, and that fact alone tells me all I need to know. The odd failure here or there happens. That many failures is a problem no matter what anybody says or how they try to rationalize it.
... and as more GEN-X users became familular with the car more fixes were found to the arm breakage problem that many early buyers of the car noticed. A simple countersinking of four holes will pretty much eliminate the breakage problem with this car ... how many hours of filing, polishing and sanding needs to be put into a AE front-end for it to work properly?

Take it easy Scottrik - unless you are the master-designer behind the AE front-end, don't take support of the CRC design personally.

As mentioned in a post above, the AE front-end has been out for many years - and I am sure when it launched - it had it's hiccups as well.

As an "engineer" flaws can be drawn out of any production item if you look hard enough.

CRC has brought something new to the table that is working really well - except of-course at the race where you had to remove the 6-odd cars. But I am sure we have all had to remove T-Plate cars from the track as well due to broken parts too.