R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 PM
duckman996
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Uh...I PERSONALLY marshalled six gen-x's off the track this past weekend at the PKC (one twice, four once) all with lower arms broken off. I have no idea how many others were damaged. This was in a field of 38 total stock entries and 20 mods. Also figure I didn't marshall for 10 of either as they were in MY heats.
That begs the question - were the front-ends built as per the advice on these boards? Many of the racers at our track have converted to the Gen-X and have noticed improvements with their lap-times.... without a problem with breakage if they have countersunk the arms properly - and it's not cause we don't hit stuff.

The bottom-line is that the new design by CRC makes great sense in keeping the front-end play at bay without having to purchase new replacement parts every couple months of racing. Some will like the change - others are die-hard AE front-end fans - so-be-it. I personally noticed a huge improvement in my performance in 1/12 as soon as I started driving the GEN-X, but that is because link cars seems to work better for me then T-Plate cars do.

One question to ask is since Associated is no longer making 1/12 cars - from what I have been told... how long will parts supply be available on replacement AE front-ends? If this is indeed true, CRC has a HUGE leap on everyone else in designing their own front suspension. Pretty smart!