R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Serpentd
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by British Menace
I have had limited experience with these viper heads, through a friend I used to race with in England. Although I was with him so..........
He found the temperatures went up for the same tune. Maybe by as much as 30 degrees!
Although, some of this may be offset by removing the handle so as to get a better avenue for the air to get to the head. And maybe some other things along these lines too. You may nead to remove side/front windows. Things like that.
Like I said...........only limited experience. Sorry, and it was some time ago and it was at a race meeting so he did not play with it too much.

On lightening the car.........................
Well, I removed the handle. I never use it in touring car.
I removed the 5th body post and aluminum mount for it.
Using titanium pivot balls.
Only one fuel filter..... I was using two I know, but I'm kind of a freak when it comes to filtering fuel Plus the extra fuel line and filter sends me over the fuel carrying limit. So didn't really have a choice!??

Thats about it.
That has me down close to 1700g. I want to get to 1690g !
We'll see.

Menace
DUDE!!! You are definitley getting that weight down. Do you have the ceramic bearings yet?? I'm not sure how much weight they will save you, but I bet it will get you pretty darn close. I know Sam at Raceday has the entire set for $85 bucks. The performance of these bad boys are TOP NOTCH. I believe Sam told me that they are a grade 4 out of 5. So some Excellent bearings. This won't only save on weight, even unsprung weight, but you will have a top of the line set of bearings throughout your car. Just a thought. I have a set an they are pretty much the best you can find, unless you want to spend over $200 bucks. And even then I don't think you will notice a difference. Dude, just a suggestion. Thanks for the input bro! Keep it up. I'm glad the wife is being cool about you racing again!!!! Keep her happy and show your appreciation with some flowers and stuff. She deserves it. Go get 'em! Later