R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits.
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:47 AM
DJ1978
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits.

I think it will be the next wave of the future!!! We had at least 10 different designs running at Washtenaw over the last two seasons.
But I also see no reason why you can't run Nitro AND electric with the same chassis!!!

RC Product Designs is now taking orders for Electric conversion kits for 1/8th scale buggies.
For the time being, I will make these kits to order with about a 4-6 week turn around.

The components designed to allow you to choose the electronics you want to use with the conversion.

The kits pictured are the Ofna Hyper 7. RC Product Designs EH7 kit
consists of Aluminum Motor Mount, Carbon fiber Top plate, Carbon Fiber Servo Mount, ESC Mount, and Nylatron splash guards with integrated Battery boxes and a plastic gear adaptor for the standard Ofna diff.

Losi 8ight. RC Product Designs EL8 kit.
Kit consists of Aluminum Motor Mount, Delrin battery tray and Aluminum top plate. Also available will be an additional Delrin adaptor plate to mount the Novak HV Maxx ESC if that is the system you choose to use.

These are precision machined kits that require NO modification to your 1/8th scale buggy chassis. They are designed to fit ANY 1" or 25mm motor mounting configuration. They are complete bolt in conversions using existing screws from your buggies.
The EH7 Kit is designed to two batteries to balance the chassis. You can run either conventional sub C cells or LiPo's
The EL8 is designed with one battery tray with LiPo's in mind.

The EH7 is shown with a Novak HV Maxx system in place, but will accept any brushless system you choose. It is designed to accept a plastic 32 pitch spur.
The EL8 with a Neu motor with a Mamba Max ESC. The HV Maxx will fit in the Losi. It will require minor trimming of some ribs of the heat sink near the chassis and the diff with a dremel or saw.

The cars shown here are my racing EH7 and The EA8 kit. I also have designs for the Associated RC8, Kysoho 777, Mugen MBX5 and 4, Jammin EX1CR and soon the Xray buggy.

Check out www.rcproductdesigns.com for pricing and more pics.
and facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boring...2F365709845453
There is also a Frequently asked questions area on my site with answers to many of your questions.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	EH7-3a.jpg
Views:	12084
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	257525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric Group-2a.jpg
Views:	5660
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	257526   Click image for larger version

Name:	EA8-1.JPG
Views:	7171
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	307398   Click image for larger version

Name:	EHBD8-1a.JPG
Views:	2221
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	551137   Click image for larger version

Name:	EHBD8T-1.jpg
Views:	7380
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	551138  

Last edited by DJ1978; 02-05-2010 at 09:11 AM.