R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Teehomo
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well I've completed the rebuild of the G4S over the weekend, and added the ED transmission, speedshot front end, 4 mm chassis, alloy middle and servo mount and Kfactory 2 speed cam. I was ready to toss it in but a PM from Razzor convinced me to give it another go. The win by Daz was also well timed - I've yet to see though whetehr the car suits my driving style (or lack of)

I replaced the orange shock bladders with the blue - they are supposed to be the same but I did find the blue to be a much better fit. I tried gluing the bladder to the eyelet but they would not stick.

I've gone for the following setup:

Front:
60w shock oil
Two hole pistons, one drilled to 1.5mm
1.4mm springs (pink)
2mm Castor
0 droop (measured with droop gauge)
5.0 mm ride height
Lower roll centre
No sway bar
1 degree toe in
Locked one way
Shock mount 3rd hole from the top, outer bottom

Rear
60w shock oil
Two hole pistons, one drilled to 1.5mm
1.5mm springs (purple)
4mm droop (measure with droop gauge)
5.5 mm ride height
Upper, upper roll centre
90 degree sway bar
2 degree toe in
Diff, 10k oil
Shock mount 3rd hole from the top, outer bottom

Transmission
Standard ED - 16/51 & 21/46
Orange clutch spring, 1 weight, 0.5 gap

I'm planning on 40 rears and 37 fronts, but if my tire truer turns up I'll try 37's all round. If it has too much steering I'll add back the front sway bar at 0 degrees.

I did notice however that after setting the droop at 0 front and 4 rear with the droop gauge, the front has more droop than the rear when you lift the car up. Not sure whether this is normal, but I'll keep an eye on it at the track on Sunday.

I'm hoping this will at least give me something easy to drive at the start, with some tuning options up my sleeve. I've considered some drag brake as well to help with the turn in - the track is an old tennis court so it is pretty tight with medium to low grip. I hope this set up will give me something easy to drive with a few options up my sleeve if it is totally off the planet.

Cheers,
Dave T