R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 AM
asil

Hi all, good work for G4S drivers this weekend.. I've read about EFRA Spanish GP race and G4S victory

As I mentioned before, this sunday was my first practice with G4S..

In the pits, we were 4 or 5 G4S on the bench with Orion CRF 2007 engines. Wow

It was the first practice for all of us and lot's of people were breaking in their new engines on the bench but we were breaking in our CRF's on the track with 2-3 times full throttle per lap

guys, CRF 2007 screams.. even if during break-in it was like rocket

I started with the very basic set-up. I just put my kit together per manuel and did not have time to check settings on Hudy set-up system.

I used front gear diff and put 100.000 serpent diff oil. First mistake..

Front 100.000, rear 10.000 It was loose on the corners as expected.

Then I changed front oil to 30.000 serpent.. wow what a difference, car came alive..

Something was wrong with 2nd gear, I've adjusted it and then I found out that the main problem was the clutch, it was slipping, I took it out and saw that one of clutch bell bearing's metal shield was off, as I did not have spare for it, I put it back backwards and it was OK.

guys, I haven't seen a car which is that much easy to drive.. I was so confident with it on the track and liked the way it handled.

especially our fast guy Ozgur was keeping up with fast 1/8's with his G4S and CRF 2007.. It's the first time that he drives G4S..

We used 40 shore tyres front and rear and after 1 hour of driving wear was even!

Over all it was a good day, we made decision to lower first gear ratio and higher second gear ratio because engine wants some more ratio at the straight.. also we will decrase rear camber.

Later.

Asil