R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Kodak Hodak
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello All,

Well after a month off racing, i ended up racing for a friend as he is a member in our club and thought id help him out on the leader board to gain more championship points.

The weekend was Esater Sunday, and very small field of 1/10th Tourers "ONLY 5"

So my plan was to finish the day on a high note.

This weekend i tested NEW k-Factory tires: 38 Fronts & 38 Rears.

I can vouch the tires work very well, and hold reliablity on side wall much better than some prevouisly used such as SPEED brand.

In the Heats i finished in the following:

1st Heat - 3rd, 2 laps behind leader
2nd Heat - 3rd, 2 laps behind leader
3rd Heat - 2nd only 5 seconds from leader - this was a great race.

Keep in mind, the top driver of the day had very bad luck with 2nd Gear engament and if he was reliable then i could have been placed 4th all day.

but as race day happens anything can happen, and with some luck it can go your way if the GODS are nice

Ok A-Main FINAL 20min RACE:

4 x MTX4 Mugens & 1 X G4S MEEEEE!

4 Starters as 1 Mugen had broken parts so DNF

i personally TQ 3rd on the day so it was a good grid position thou 20mins race never done before i was more aiming to finish the race to my best.

So all on the grid, ready steady gooooooo! All mugens got in front of me at the start and i was postion in 4th at the first 5 min mark, to me this was a long race ao i just stayed behind and kept it clean. After first pit stop i was behind 10 seconds from 3rd and then my pit main gaind 10 seconds to put me in 3rd "thanks to my brother awesome pit man"

So there i was in 3rd and not too far behind second maybe half lap until he had a problem his belt broke and i was now in 2nd place for the rest of the race.

After 2nd pitstop i had to "BLINK" lol i swear it was hard to concentrate as i knew i had another 10 mins to race and 1 more pitstop was due.

Around 13mins into the race i had a glow plug burnout onme, lucky enough postion 3 drive had 2nd gear strip and i had i 13laps on him and was 2 laps behind leader.

So pit man raced car back into the pits where i had spare glow plug, we did have small issue where another pit man tried to help my brother, thou he made it even worse as he had no idea what he was doing RRRRrrrrrr - the nerve of some people, even my brother was pissed, anyways we got the plug in started it up and relaised the leader was 11 laps now in front LOL and 3rd man was on track gain on the 13 laps i had on him EEEEEK.

Once back on track, i saw 3rd man again strip gear so pressure was off, lucky enough i had planty of laps o n 3rd man to secure a nice wiin, even thou two cars left...

It wasnt the best last 10mins race for me, but hell its a race, its a postion and its more valueable points for my friends championship. LOL.

Overal it was a relaiable day besides 1 thing really:

K-FACTORY "low friction belts are POOOOO" i felt they just give way too easy on the teeth and did not last long enough.

Before main i changed the side and front belt just to keep the reliablity up.

The only main change i added tot his meet was:

New 52T second gear - very fast out of corners and start
New k-factory tires - 38 all day - Yes i kept the split in each race 62 front 64 Rear END of the race split 59 Front 62 rear

oh yeah i gave the engine a bit more grunt this time leaned the sucker to 235 and ran sweet all day.

Also second hand SAGE exhaust ran a dream, i think even better than NOVA as its seen better days.

Overal, was good to have a go and race, even if it was a small field.

So there ya have it, not bad for a Rookie with some luck