R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - One Way Diff? What is the advantage?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 10:22 PM
imataquito
Tech Master

cole ....
i never tried the one way diff alone ....
heres what i feel by comparing these 2 but remember what i feel mite not be what u feel and i mite miss some points out here
its best to say to try it out first and if u feel some probs or something u r not too sure with ... ask on forum

but anyway heres a simple explanation

i never tried the one way diff alone ....
i ahve tried the ccentre one way with normal diff infornt
what i felt is that with centre one way the car feels more like normal full time 4wd
but it gives more stearing off power and u r unable to use hard brakes and braking if its it to be used must be b4 the corner and not into or during the corner - this also holds true for the dual one way setup ...

and if u power out of the turn too hard while u still have stearing on ... u have a posibility of spinning out as in a overstear spin to a halt .... ( more true on mod motor with a punchy gearing )
but this also depends very much on ur suspension setup...

with dual one ways ..
if u r off power into turns ( totally offpower )
u will spin out... so while turning u will have to apply a small amount of trottle .... then addjust the trottle mildly ( NO JERKS !!) to induce push or stearing while entering a turn
then once u r after the apex car set up nicely into the turn ... just pull ur trottle full and power out ... the car will strighten out and u WILL NOT spin out even if u have some stearing on ...

suspension setup for dual one ways is also different .... u will need more rear end bite to cope with the front end if u dont want the car to spin out off trottle too easilly

and ... if done prefectly the car will look like is practically drifting into turns and powering out of turns like it never really slowed down significantly ....moving in a very smooth flowing motion....

basically i will say u will ahve more streaing into turns (offpower)
and more strearing out of turns (onpower) due to the way thecar is placed at the apex ... and a faster power out because u can practically zip the trottle on ur way out and will not spin out
(taking into consideration setup is done up well)

also another notable diffrence for those 1st time dual one way users compared to centre one way is that with dual one way the car feels loooser/ twicher and the minor addjustments to stearing harder to feel and harder to judge where its going ... no big problem once u get used to it........

hard to explain on words ........

best sugession is to

try it out first and if u feel some probs or something u r not too sure with ... ask on forum