R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - should the 13.5 brushless be ran in a stock brushed class
Old 04-06-2007, 07:37 AM
BullFrog
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've run a 12.5-13.5 and a 14.5 while testing the motors for Novak. The 14.5 was not as fast as a brushed 27t stock motor. I gave the motor to another driver to test it out and it was almost but not quite there.He didn't like the motor and went back to the brushed motor. The 12.5 was an unfair motor in the stock class- but it was fun for me.We came up with the 13.5 and to me that's the best and closest to a well tuned brush stock motor.
You can chat all you want to about brushed and brushless but the writting is on the wall.Brushless is here and brushed is going bye-bye.It is the next generation of R/C motors. No matter what you say here they are coming and more people will get them.I've sold my com cutter- brush cutter and now trying to get rid of my stock pile of brushes and springs and motor tools.
And just like brushed motors there will always be the motor of the week. Only this time they will be brushless.Go into a hobbyshop and listen to a new racer get a motor. Do they ask for a slow stock motor or the fastest stock motor? Doesn't make any difference to them if they can't turn right or left just straight.How fast does it go.Heck they might get a mod motor because it's faster.Also how many motor motors are sold that don't hit the race track?If you had a 10% hit the tracks on the weekend we probably couldn't handle the crowd.
Brushless is here stay and brushed is going to be extinct soon.