R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 AM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quark
LoL I actually got the name from physics, you know, the sub atomic particles smaller then a electron. but anyways, that gave me a good laugh.

RMDhawaii, yeah, I read the Byron fuel thing, but we don't have it here do we? I use the Mugen fuel, I dunno, I've tried Odonell before and it used to be really strong on the chemicals and stuff, the smoke stings your eyes way more then any other fuel, and it leaves this yellow crap on all the surfaces, so yeah, I never liked it. Wow, I dunno what clutch parts your running, but my spring preload is different. Im using stock kyosho clutch with drilled out weights and the red evolva spring, with a preload of like 2.2mm or so. yes its a little hard to control with such a late engagement, but I've been making up for it in the radio. setting the throttle acceleration to the point where the clutch engages. I'll probably play with the clutch some more, see what i can do.
Mugen Seiki Racing Fuel is produced by Byrons. As you have mentioned, some people do have a problem with O'Donnell. I'm still looking to get in some Werks Racing Fuel. I need to remember to talk to Paula.

Wow! You did a lot to your clutch setup. I'm just using the stock RRR clutch parts, radio at 100%. I'm not sure how much you're off throttle or braking, but I'm doing quite a bit of both. I like the way 0.8mm spools up and if I need some extra speed, I just punch it. Good thing our races are short and we're not running full-throttle all the time, otherwise I think I would have some serious problems.

You're making me really want to race the CRF next time around, but I still want to get in one more race with the MTX-4/TZ before I switch back to the RRR/STI. I will be doing some setup and engine testing with the RRR/CRF in open practice - so if you want to feel how it drives, just let me know.