R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 01:04 AM
ziggy12345
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Quark
Well, I've run the motor for two races so far. Im pretty satisfied with the motor, tunning the motor hasn't been a real challenge yet, but its been running very fine. Last race I ran it well, and I think I can still go leaner, the only slight weirdness i was having was the high gurgling sound at idle indicating (on a regular motor) that your running too hot, tho I temped my motor when it runs like that, and its only at 250 or so. I've been getting that on my motor, but a few blips on the throttle and it goes away. Im pretty sure leaning out the low speed will make it go away, cause I tried richening it and it bogs. so other way. one thing though, Its very different in the engagement of the clutch, so I have to really adjust the way I throtle on the radio. I cant gradually accelerate because there is nothing for the clutch to grab onto yet, its weird, but im getting there. Oh, one tip is you should really be adjusting your head shims. im running 20% mugen fuel, and I HAD to take out the .1mm shim, leaving a total of .2mm. with all the shims, I could not lean out the motor to make decent power without breaking the 260 degrees. RMDHawaii, did you adjust your shims?
I took out the 0.2mm leaving only the 0.1mm shim for 16% fuel and it goes like a train. I am using No 5 plug also