R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Heaver vs. Lighter Flywheel
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 04:44 AM
TomB
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

guys, stop using real racecar examples for an RC car. it doesn't fit in some instances. Artificial, the example of your mate who was spinning wheels on the quarter is an example of a real 1;1 car right?

show us an example of a RC car that has had laptimes go UP due to a excessively light transmission, vrs a heavy transmission car with lower times, (SAME DRIVER) then there will be a whole lot more of evidence on your side.

i might be wrong, but it just doesn't sound right what you are saying. sure i agree with idling characteristics etc, but these engines rev...torque is up high in the range.

lets talk purpose built tracks also, because if you are bashing in a car park track then, in most cases the car is over engineered for the use you push it to anyway sorry, no offense, but it's true. These cars are designed to win world championships, and WC's are held at high traction, purpose built tracks, lightweight drivetrains rule when the traction is high.

Xray with small diffs? = less rotating mass? yep, awesome. the NT1 is the car to beat in my opinion...even though it hasn't won anything big yet, it's the most evolved so far, so you'd assume it's technically the best ...and i'm a mugen fan, so i'm not saying it due to an affiliation, or "love" of a brand. Imagine the Slovaks stealing the thunder from the Japanese!? man, that would start a tourer wars for sure! can't wait.....