R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVIL-ET
after breaking a few rear arms, shock shafts, swaybar links, rear bulkheads, rear shock tower, rear hinge pin holders and bent hingepins.
i found the best prevention is not to hit hard objects, so i haven't broken any of these parts for awhile
Har Har Har.

No I get what you mean. But the few guys on the track even concluded that my hit wasnt much to net that kinda damage.

Even then at the same track , different car , never had this kinda problem. Only time I did this was at the end of the straight after pushing it too fast. Id say my car was doing maybe 10 mph in the inside corners. Where as the one hit on my other car I was doing maybe 50mph on the outside edge and gave a large and audible wack that even kinda got some eewwws and ahhhs from the crowd that day. LOL.

I figured the mugen materials seem better but this is kinda concerning to me. I always saw the hpi materials as kinda flexy and bendy and weak. It indeed stripped easy when it came to wacks. But never broke a pin or arm otherwise.

In fact nothing on the car broke , except when I added CG arms to the car. Then it broke out my rear plastic lower suspension mount. Which I then said , uhh huh. I know what to do with this and upgraded that part to aluminum and TADA. The only aluminum part on my car and it was well worth having , never had a problem like that again.

I just hope its a fluke cause ill be highly sad if this car ends up showing me its not as durable as my old hpi, cause as many problems as it had. Im glad it didnt have that one.