R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best charger for the money ?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Mr.Maim
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

DUDE! That Checkpoint charger is essentially the ICE charger, with all the shortcomings fixed! Backlit. An additional charge mode (3-step). 20 + 30 AMP DISCHARGE RATES!! New motor break in modes! ...did I mention that it's backlit!

I'd be willing to bet that when they come out, these forums will be flooded with ICE charges for sale! I have two and I'd sell them both in an instant to get the discharge options. One less piece of equipment I'd have to take to the track (my 030 discharger). Awesome!

As for power supplies get the Samlex SEC-1223. 13.8volts, 23-amp (25-amp peak), smallest you can get. Rock stable. I power two ICE chargers, an Indi 030 discharge tray, and my radio at the same time with no problems whatsoever. Competition Electronics buys their power supplies from them, slap a sticker on it, and increase the price by $30 bucks.

The absolute cheapest place you can get it is HERE . I've bought two from this distributer (one for me, another for a friend who hates buying stuff online) and they're a good company... IMO.
Mr.Maim