R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here from CT???
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:25 PM
HarKonnenD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OFNA OB4
well im going to look into finding out all the info i need to know about holding a race there, i want this to get big, i want championships held there and i want the track to make it in car action, I want this to talked about everywhere...so im going to ttown hall and im going to talk to whom ever i have to talk to and ask them what it is i have to do to get this ball rolling....thanks for erveryone for there support cus im going to show this all to who ever asks at town hall....

Thanks again guys,....

Rich

Sounds good, but bear in mind you'd be the one holding the race events not the DPT of recreation. You'd also have to get police or some people to provide security and so forth. You just need to get permission from the, police department, fire department, and 3 other places. I seen the paper work and believe me this isn't easy. It took BARCAR months to even make an attempt to try and hold the Regional 1 Champs there and when they did, people weren't too happy. You can only run 10am-6pm and parking is somewhat limited. I know most people would like to park in an area where no one would complain or have site of their vehicle. Once sedgewicks, the area infront of the track atleast is filled then you'd have to park on the other two side streets. Pit areas isn't limited though as there is plenty. If it took a race club president, etc months to hold an event an average person won't have a chance. Also, don't forget we'd need a:

-lap counter system
-handout transponders or if not mention to people to bring them
-crew of people to help maintain the track and reward them for hardwork
-traction additive and tool to spray it down
-leave blower to rid the track of debris
-sound system and generator to power the electronic systems we'd have

This is just an idea of the things we'd need and there'd be more. If it's going to be done one would have to be serious about it and need people and lots of $$ to make it happen. People would be upset if an event was planned then cancelled for something rediculous. Aside from all this it's better to just have a group of guys head out to the track, put numbers on the car and have a person with stop watch check which car has the most laps in a certain time frame. That or just race around the track.