R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Support LHS or Online Shopping?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 09:21 AM
mfishel
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bobf24
if you always supported your LHS, they would probally start giving you a price break, which would make it cheaper than online shops, but if they know that you will just buy the cheapest stuff, can you really balme them for not wanting to help you out?

plus one thing online shops will never be able to do is give you in person help and advice, if you support a shop, the help and advice they can gie you is worth maybe having to pay a little more, I know some shops the owners are rude and dont know anything anyway, but most of the shops the employees will always try and help you out,

plus where are most tracks located? at a hobby shop, or a shop owns the track, and in most places a track CAN"T support its self, it needs the shop to keep it running, so if you stop buying from the shop, it makes it more likley that the track is going to close as well,

another thing if you run nitro, you will basically always need to buy your fuel from a LHS since its so expensive to ship it, but if all a shop sells is fuel, they are more likly to close up and then you are going to pay way more than the difference you save on parts, to ship the fuel,

IMO, you should buy everything you can from the LHS, and if they can't get it, then look at an online store
Very good points. I run a shop and a track, and it is TOUGH (nearly impossible) to make any kind of living at this. So why do I do this? Because I love it. I go out of my way to help newbies, and if a part is out of stock I will literally take it off of one of my vehicles.
This has been discussed on this forum in the past (http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=LHS). I stated my vies pretty well there.
Also the 1st time you get an incorrect or broken part mailed to you tell me how cheap and convenient mail order is. Then when your track shuts down tell me how much fun your car is chasing the cat or dog around your back yard.