R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LIPO ADVANTAGE?
Thread: LIPO ADVANTAGE?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 PM
MR JOLLY
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Steady boy`s
this thread is turning in to a LIPO vs NIMH thread ,we have enough of these on here allready

miamifanatic
only asked what to expect from lipo

on track using orion 4800/3200 against a IB 4200 in 27t they are really quite close in performance , much closer then say 13.5 brushless vs brushed 27t

both got there advantages @ certian times on track ,c-cells at the start .lipo orion from middle to end

money & track TIME is where you gain shed loads
you only need 1 pk in lipo & 1 charger vs 4 + c-cell pk & charger & discharger & equaliser

race-topup-race topup-race-topup it is really is that simple
i have a balencer now for my 4800 orion where it went soft after quite a bit of racing ,it is showing one of the cells to be out & not happy ,going back to LHS to sort it out with the very experienced airplane/copter guys in using lipo`s

by the way all the accidents they have with lipo`s going poof is cause the tin foil wrap gets punctured ,nothing to do with charging or discharging

it will take a age to get the lipo approved across the board in the UK as the people in power are pulling in different dirictions

saddles
well i have a old FK04 & a carbon 3200 fits in there nice held in with Tamiya F1 holders so it sit`s across the chassis