R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What constitutes a ROAR legal stock arm?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

[QUOTE=wildman]
Originally Posted by wildman
How many times do I need to repeat this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill never said he could beat Mitch or Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was talking about drivers around his own skill level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scottrik,
What part of the ABOVE did you not read?

Why not give me the 23t and Mitch the 27t and see who win's? I'll take the bet! HP WILL WIN AS LONG AS THE DRIVERS ARE CLOSE TO THE SAME SKILL LEVEL!

You are compairing drivers of different skill levels!

Why not have Bill race you?

I'll take that bet Bohlman!

Brian--I may have missed it, but I haven't heard BILL say those magic words "at his own skill level". That one's you. What I HAVE heard Bill seemingly indicate is that horsepower is what's keeping him from running at the front of 1/12 stock...and my point is the front of 1/12 stock are significantly better drivers than Bill. They don't need ANY horsepower advantage to beat him, in fact my bet puts them at a significant horsepower disadvantage.

I'm probably right at Bill's skill level, maybe just below it, but based on what he's claiming it takes to make a stock motor go he should be beating me like a drum because I don't even do what HE does.

No bets on that race--he or I will trade "wins" (more like sixths and sevenths ) back and forth. We're consistently inconsistent.

And don't get me wrong. I think Bill is, all things considered, a heck of a pleasant guy the few times I've met him. I just think he's looking for reasons he loses in the wrong places. I'm losing by every bit as far as he is but I'm comfortable knowing that the vast majority of my disadvantage is my own driving.

Scottrik