R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What constitutes a ROAR legal stock arm?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 AM
wildman
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How many times do I need to repeat this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill never said he could beat Mitch or Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was talking about drivers around his own skill level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As far as setup goes in 1/12 the ONLY major changes being made from track to track motor to motor is TIRES. Look at the three winning setups for the carpet nat's! All won by a SpeedMerchant and all three were almost running the very same setup. ONLY differance tires. So don't tell me it's all about setup I know better. In sedan setup makes a bigger differance, way more things going on than in 1/12. Everyone is running very good cars and most are running winning setups on them, so it comes down to driver and HP that makes the biggest differance. You may take a tenth or two off with setup, but not seconds. Yes making changes helps, but not to the extreme of shaving seconds off your lap times.

Jason,
Thank you for taking the time to clear up the rules!

Scottrik,
Let me ask you this if you and Bill were racing mod and you won by lap or two and then you raced stock and Bill won by a lap or two. all things considered equal as far as crashing and traffic.
What would be the reason for this?
You are a better mod driver than Bill? Maybe?
Bill is a better stock driver? I don't think so!
Gearing may play into this in stock, but HP is the equalizer in any racing sport.

Stock racing today is not about who's the fastest down the straight. It's about who's has the acceleration off the corners and drive the car to carry speed around the corners. HP is stock is the Key or we wouldn't see the issues being brought up.

By the way Randy doesn't have a cheap prop balancer for balancing his arms. It's was purchased from Todd Putnam / Putnam motors.

I am not trying to start this up again, but just wanted to clear up the Bill bashing!
Brian